Many of us know how a particular browser’s functionality can be improved by the use of extensions. Take for the case of Firefox , it contains many extensions or add-on to increase the browser’s functionality from just a mere browser to a ftp manager, video grabber, etc . Similarly , google chrome had come up with extension support in its version 4 , which allows adding extensions to the chrome browser without even restarting the chrome browser. Some of the must add chrome extensions are :
1) Xmarks bookmark and password sync : Xmarks used to be one of the most favourite add-ons in firefox. Xmarks synchronizes across multiple computers, and across web browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer. The extensions requires you to have an account with the service. Once set up , it will synchronize your browser with a cloud based server.
2) AutoPager Chrome : AutoPager is a Chrome extension which automatically loads the next page of a site inline when you reach the end of the current page for infinite scrolling of content. By default AutoPager works with a ton of sites, including Lifehacker, the New York Times, Digg, eBay, Amazon, Yahoo, YouTube, flickr, live, msn, myspace, wikipedia, ebay,taobao,Twitter and of course, Google.
3): This extension simply lets you read your Facebook news feed and wall , besides all this you can even post status updates. The most magnificent thing about this unofficial extension i liked is its simplicity. The extension sits in your chrome toolbar.
4) Chromed Bird : Chromed Bird is an awesome Twitter client extension for Google Chrome with lots of features. Some of the most important features are: upload images from inside the extension, change extension’s locale from inside the options page, follow / unfollow users by using the inline user actions menu, Create custom search queries that will update automatically,etc and much more.
5) Apture Highlights : Apture Highlights is a free tool, built from the ground up to let you take the power of Google search, and the richness YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, and Wikipedia with you to any site. Just highlight a phrase on any site to reveal the web’s best content without ever leaving the page. Fast, powerful, and fun.
6) LastPass : LastPass is a free online password manager and Form Filler that makes your web browsing easier and more secure. LastPass captures passwords that other managers won’t including many AJAX forms, and allows you to make strong passwords easily. Additionally , LastPass can also help you automatically fill up online forms. To use LastPass you need to create an account where you enter a ‘master password’. It locally encrypts all your password data and send it to the cloud .
7) Last.fm free music player : This is one of the most coolest extensions for chrome. It is a complete music junkie which allows you to play any list of tracks on www.last.fm directly from your browser. the list gets loaded in the extension and you can see various play option such as repeat , shuffle, etc.
8) Google Mail Checker Plus : This extension help us to view our gmail without ever leaving the tab you’re currently on. You can check your latest email in your inbox, Delete or mark any mail as read , Desktop and sound notifications when new mail arrives , Support for multiple Google and Google Apps accounts , Monitor all your labels or priority inbox , Translated to over 60 languages and much more.
9) IE Tab : Use Internet Explorer to display web pages in a Chrome tab. Some sites can only be displayed using IE, and with this extension you can now see those sites without leaving Chrome. Great for web developers who want to test the IE rendering engine, users who use sites with ActiveX controls, and users who want to use the explorer view for local files
10) Stylebot : Stylebot is a Chrome extension that aims to simplify customizing the web, making it more accessible and adaptable. It puts you in control of the web’s presentation, allowing you to quickly change the appearance of any page. By using stylebot we dunt need to write CSS on that page and Styles are saved persistently, so the next time you visit the same page, they’re already applied. Sync your custom styles across multiple computers. Easily make sites more accessible by changing colors, font size, etc.