Android 5.0 Lollipop has brought a lot of great features that enhance the overall experience. However, in the midst of all these new features, some errors and bugs have also made their way to the devices. Five of the biggest issues brought up by the users and their probable fixes are discussed below.
Wi-Fi Connectivity Concerns
Whenever a new update rolls out for an operating system, issues regarding Wi-Fi connectivity hit the web on regular basis. Android 5.0 Lollipop isn’t any different as a large number of users are reporting that they have been experiencing Wi-Fi connectivity issues since the launch of the latest version of the firmware. Some of the users are experiencing internet drops from time to time, whereas some users have been unable to go online at all. Official fix will of course is left in the hands of Google, but in the meantime you can try the following workarounds.
- Go to the network settings and forget the network you are using. After a few minutes, re-enable it. This seems to have done the trick for a lot of users.
- Factory resetting the device has also worked for some.
- Uninstalling older apps that aren’t in use anymore also works in some cases.
After upgrading to the latest Android version, a lot of users reported that their smartphones’ battery is going down at a pretty frantic pace. The forums and social media websites are filled with complaints of people who have been experiencing battery drainage after the update. Some workarounds for this problem are outline below.
- Factory Resetting the device puts everything in order, hence enhancing the battery.
- Get rid of non-compatible apps.
- Some apps are draining more battery on the latest Android. The best course of action would be to seek and disable/delete them.
A number of users are also reporting that their device continuously crash for no apparent reason. For some users, this issue was resolved when they removed the apps and stopped using some features that were brought in with Android 5.0 Lollipop. These apps include Google Now and OK Google Support. Some users were experiencing this problem when using Live Wallpapers, so it’s advised that you go only for regular images for the background.
Video playback is very important to the modern day smartphone users, and they were pretty annoyed when they were unable to play their favorite videos after upgrading to the latest version of Android. Some workarounds for this problem are mentioned below.
- Deleting the cache files of affected apps like YouTube has done the trick for a lot of users.
There is just one workaround for this problem so far. If this doesn’t work, try factory resetting your phone. Hopefully, Google will take care of this concern sooner rather than later.
This is another issue plaguing the devices that were upgraded to the latest Android version. The users facing this problem encounter constant stuttering even when using the device for mundane tasks. Probable workarounds for this issue are given below.
- This must have started to sound repetitive, but factory reset here can do wonders.
- Switching off Google Now, OK Google Support, Bluetooth, and Live Wallpapers might also work.
If you keep on encountering the same problems even after applying the aforementioned fixes, then the best course of action would be downgrade to the previous version until the kinks in the new version have been sorted out.