Internet comes with many interesting things and we all are aware of that. One of them majorly includes the world of social media. Where internet offers interesting things for its users, let’s do not forget the annoying things it has to offer. We are pretty sure you must be irritated by the Twitter trolls and the auto-playing videos on Facebook and Twitter.
However, receiving unsolicited emails is undoubtedly one of the most annoying things internet has to offer. While we try our best to ignore them, we often fail at finding ways to get rid of them.
There are numerous emails that are constantly cluttering up your inbox. You cannot stand a chance to maintain a ‘zero inbox’ philosophy because apart from receiving work-related emails, you would be receiving a barrage of notification emails from Facebook, Twitter, your bank, and every other site you have subscribed yourself to.
How to Block Emails in Gmail
The process to block emails in Gmail is super easy. Follow the step by step guide for blocking the unsolicited emails.
- Open Gmail website and then log in to your account by entering your Google account details.
- Look for the email from the person, person, or a random address that you wish to block on Gmail.
- Click on an email received by the same address
- Click on the down arrow present on the same line as the sender’s name and email address
- From the drop-down menu, select Block ‘Sender’s name’
- A new pop-up window will appear on your screen asking if you want to block that sender. Once you click on ‘Block’, you will no longer receive emails from that person and all the future emails from that person will be marked as spam.
How to Unblock Emails in Gmail
Similarly, you can also unblock the same sender. For instance, if you have accidentally blocked the wrong person’s email address then you can easily rectify your mistake. Here’s how you can do it.
- Follow all the steps to unblock an email in Gmail as mentioned above.
- Click on the email received by the sender whose emails you want to block.
- Click on the down arrow on the same line appearing on your right side.
- Select Unblock ‘Sender’s name’ from the drop-down menu list and then unblock the email address.
Now you do not need to get annoyed by receiving unnecessary emails. You can simply block all the email addresses that have been cluttering up your Gmail inbox. This way you can block all the spam emails in Gmail as well.