Verifying your phone number was optional before, but due to security reasons, Google has made it a mandatory part of email registration process. However, if you don’t want to put in your mobile phone information, then there are multiple ways to get around that and successfully creating a Gmail account with phone verification. We have detailed three methods to do that below.
The Google Chrome Method
This method is strictly for making an account on PC or laptop. You will need to put in your name and other information, but if you follow the given steps, you will be able to avoid phone number authentication without a hitch.
- Open your web browser.
- On the top right corner of the browser interface, you will see the option to “Sign In.” Click on it.
- It will open a small Window where you will be asked to “Enter your email” and below that you will find “More Options.” Click on More Options.
- Clicking on More Options will open a drop down menu which contains two options – “Find my Account” and “Create New Account.” You will of course need to click on “Create New Account”.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Now you will be asked to put in your date of birth, write it down.
- Put in your desired username.
- Create a password that’s difficult to guess but easy to remember.
- It will now ask you to put in your phone number. Don’t enter anything, just click on the “Skip” option below.
- Privacy and Terms window will pop up, scroll down completely and click on “I Agree”.
- Your new account without phone number has been registered and you are now free to log in.
The Bluestacks Method
If you are unable to follow the first method or it doesn’t work for you, then you can give this one a go. To use this method, you will first need to download Bluestacks software on your smartphone or your PC. As soon as you are done installing it on your device, follow the given steps.
- Open Bluestacks.
- Go to Blustacks’ settings.
- Click/Tap on Google.
- It will ask “Do you want to add an existing account or create a new one.” Click/Tap on “New”.
- Put in all the information including email username, first name, last name, date of birth, but leave out the part with a phone number.
- That’s it, your new account has been created and Google will not bother you on your mobile phone ever again.
The Mobile Device Method
A lot of people find it hard to make Gmail account on their smartphones without putting in a mobile phone number. However, if you follow the given steps, you will be able to create a new account without needing to put in your mobile phone information.
- Click Home button on your smartphone.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Accounts.
- Tap on Google.
- It will ask you to put in your “phone number” or “create a new account”.
- Select “create a new account”.
- Enter your first name and last name.
- Enter your Date of Birth.
- Enter your desired username.
- Enter your desired password.
- Now you will be asked once again to put in your phone number, don’t do it. Just tap on “Skip”
- You will now be taken to the final step asking you to set up payment info. You don’t need to put anything here as well, so just click on “Remind me Later” option.
Do all of the aforementioned steps and you will have a Gmail without your phone, credit, or debit card number.
All three of these methods have been tested excessively and work without a hitch. If you encounter any problem, then feel free to inquire about it in the comments section below.