Be it on the desktop or the mobile phone, every day billions of internet users around the globe conduct several million searches on Google – the leading web browser. Either we’re sitting in a meeting or within the confines of our home, we are ought to perform innumerable searches on the Google. By simply typing a single word or phrase, a million of searches pop up in front of our screen. Whether we’re searching for a particular keyword, looking for an article, images, videos, etc., everything appears on the screen within a few seconds. But, have you ever given a thought of sweeping off your entire Google Search History once and for all? No, we are not talking about deleting your web history but the entire Google search log. Just from a single place, you can get to delete all your searches ever made on both desktop and smartphone and that single place is My Activity.
My Activity by Google is not only a place to delete all your previous Google searches but it also serves as a common tracker for all the searches you’ve made in the past across mobile and desktop while logged in your Google account. It gives you a detailed record of how many searches you’ve made on the Google browser, how many apps you’ve used including how many times you’ve used them on your smartphone. Intricate details such as what app you searched for on Google Play Store, how many ads you’ve clicked on, or how many searches you’ve made on a particular site on Google are also shown.
Let’s learn how you can delete your Google searches, by day, service, device, and even website both on the desktop and mobile phone using My Activity by Google in our step-to-step guide which is explained as below:
- Access My Activity service by Google by logging in to myactivity.google.com.
- Click ‘Delete activity by’.
- Select the day, that includes these options: today, yesterday, last 7 days, last 30 days, all time, and then custom.
- Select the ‘Product’ from the drop-down menu that includes options such as All products, Ads, Books, Chrome, Image Search, etc.
- After selecting the product, simply click ‘Delete’
The process of deleting the Google Search History on a mobile phone is similar to that of a desktop. Here are the steps:
- Open your Google browser app on your phone and log on to myactivity.google.com.
- Tap the three-line menu icon on the top left corner of your mobile screen.
- Tap ‘Delete activity by’
- Under the Delete by date section, select the day from the drop-down menu.
- Chose the ‘Product’ after selecting the date.
- Tap ‘Delete’
My Activity service works beyond deleting your Google searches. With this service, you can also keep a track of snoopers who are not only trying to snoop through your logged in device but also searching for locations, address, and much more.