For those people who use their iPhone to surf Facebook might have got an update notification some days back regarding the upgrade of the old iPhone app to Facebook Timeline supporting app. The new Facebook app for iPhone , ie , iPhone app version 4.1 now supports Facebook Timeline feature’s and designs. Though we are bit late in notifying about the iPhone App update , but we would still like to share some tips and tricks for using the new timeline iPhone App , so that you can get the most out of its features. Here are some 12 tip’s to we would like to share with you :
1) Easily Update Your Cover Photo on one Go
Using your Updated Facebook iPhone App you can now easily change your profile cover photo in just one go.
- Go to your profile and press on camera icon which you can see at the bottom right of your cover image.
- Now you will have the option to select image from your iPhone’s Camera roll or even take a new picture.
2) Modify Your Favorites According to your Like’s
Adding and maintaining your facebook favorites have become an easy task, With this new app you can easily add your third party apps or any facebook feature that you like into your facebook Favorite’s. The Favorite icon ( + ) is displayed at the top of the iphone Apps menu screen , so you can make use of it to access Favorite section anytime you want. Follow the following steps to edit your Favorites :
- First of all ,Go to the menu screen of the iphone new App (by pressing the particular rectangular icon together with three white lines in it) and search down to the bottom.
- Now you will need to choose “Edit Favorites“. You can take away the default options, and you can add lists, groups, pages and apps by pressing the plus icon at the top left.
3) Add a Friend to Your Favorites
4) Deleting a Post Using the App
5) Know your Friends’ Birthdays
The feature to know your friend’s birthday is available in the new iphone facebook App. Though the application does not show the Birthday like that on the right side in the facebook website , still we can access the Birthday section. Here is how you can access the B’day section :
- First of all you will need to select the “Events” option from the main menu of the app. In the event page you can view the birthday’s on that day and the coming days. If you tap on “Birthdays” , which you can find at the bottom of the screen , this will show you a full list of Birthdays ordered according to date.
6) Access Facebook through your iPhone Dock
You can also access your Facebook iPhone app anytime you want ,if you add the app to Dock and access Facebook easily with just a Tap from your fingers. Follow the steps below to add the Facebook App to the dock:
- First of all you will have to remove any previous application’s from the dock. Now Press and hold any app till the icon starts to move and then you can drag the unwanted app out from the dock and drop facebook iPhone app in it. Your changes will be saved , Soon as you press the home button.
7) Optimize your Facebook App Alerts
Learn how to customize , stop or how you want to show your facebook alerts in your iphone facebook app. For doing so you will have to take iPhone’s “Settings” menu and select “Notifications“.
Now scroll Down till you see “Notification Center” and click on “Facebook“.
After the alert settings page is opened you can now select the way you want to show your alerts. There is even option to switch off or on the alert sound and there are many other settings to optimize it.
8) Edit Your Push Notifications
This is a new feature to the Facebook iPhone App , now you will receive Push Notification when you use the updated facebook iPhone app. Push Notification is nothing other than the notification which we receive through email or popup notification while we use facebook. You now don’t have to visit facebook from computer to edit these settings. To make changes to your Push Notifications in iPhone :
- Take iPhone’s “settings” menu and then scroll down to the apps section. There tap on facebook and then select “Push Notifications“.
9) Synchronizing Your Facebook Contacts
Now you can Sync your Phone contacts and your Facebook Friends easily using this smart facebook iPhone official App. You can now easily import your friends info from your Facebook profile to your iPhone , this even includes profile photo importing.
- To activate the Syncing feature , take the “Friends” option located on the main menu and then tap over the icon in the top right corner.
- Now Tap/Click on “Sync Contacts” and you will be taken to a permissions page. After that your phone will be synced.