Facebook Reportedly Testing a Security Feature to Detect Imposter Accounts

Facebook Reportedly Testing an Anti-Imposter Feature

In an effort to control harassment and make the service safer for women, Facebook is reportedly testing a new security feature that automatically alerts users when another account with their name or picture is detected. Owners of the original accounts are then prompted to confirm if the accounts in question is impersonating them, or if they are genuine.

Upon confirmation, the imposter accounts are flagged, followed by a manual review by the Facebook team.

Facebook started testing the feature back in November 2015. It is currently available to 75 percent of Facebook accounts all over the world, with the remaining 25 percent users to get access to the feature in the near future.

 

Image Courtesy: alux.com

Leave a Reply