Till date, Samsung Galaxy S3 has been caught many a times in leaks and speculations. Some of the hyped speculations, images and features were accurate while others were quite speculative. But over all, it was thrilling and exciting to get more and more researched as well as leaked material on Galaxy S3. This is what actually built the hype. But now, since Samsung Galaxy S3 is launched, we have official images, specs, features and information about this divine gadget. So, let’s keep things uncomplicated and continue reading the Galaxy S3 review.
It is still suspense as to when we will be able to buy it and what is the exact price tag it bears and thus we do not have hands on experience with the same. But still, from Samsung revelations, we could make out that Samsung Galaxy S3 brings an attractive design for the users. It is big, glossy and has a curved back. Also, it is slim and light weight and this is what makes S3 a winning streak than its counterparts.
People expected a 2GB RAM for Galaxy S3. However, still the hopes are on. It seems that Galaxy S4 may fulfill the user’s expectations. Also, there was an expectation that Galaxy S3 will come up with 12 MP camera while the real deal comes with 8 MP camera and this was a bit disappointing. Now, rather than talking about what we don’t have let us concentrate on what we have.
Highlights of Features of Galaxy S3 in brief
- Design: Design of Galaxy S3 is similar to Galaxy S2. However there are a few potent changes. Since Galaxy S3 is light weighted and thin, it is really quite comfortable to hold it. The colors that are available are white and dark blue. Dark blue looks quite attractive out of both.
- S3 Hardware: Samsung’s own Exynos 4 Quad processor holds lots of power and it has a 32nm chip based on the ARM Cortex A9 quad-core build. Other connectivity features include the standard Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, microUSB, NFC and DLNA standard.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Software: Samsung Galaxy S3 is running on Google’s Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS matched with Samsung’s TouchWiz user interface overlay. This version is smart, sophisticated and modern. Allshare Cast is a similar option like Apple’s Airplay and that is truly quite rocking.
- S3 Battery: Even though battery specification is available as of now, it is tough to comment on that because still, it is quite early to get hands on review on this aspect. After testing only some justification could be given for battery power and feature.
Display: 4.8″ HD Super AMOLED (1280×720)
OS: Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Samsung Galaxy S3 Specs
- 2.5G (GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE)
- 3G (HSPA+ 21Mbps)
- 4G (Dependant on market)
- Main:8mp Auto Focus with flash, zero shutter lag and BSI
- Front: 1.9mp HD recording @30fps with flash, zero shutter lag and BSI
Full HD (1080p) Recording and Playback
- Wi-Fi– a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi HT40, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth – BT4.0(LE)
- 16GB / 32GB / 64GB
- microSD Slot (SDXC 64GB exFAT Support)
- 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6mm, 133g
- 2,100 mAh
You can even check out our Previous review on Samsung Galaxy Note . The Samsung Galaxy S III costs for around £600. Meanwhile you can check out this video below for an Hand On review of the Samsung Galaxy S3.