When it comes to satiating the appetite for socializing, many of us don’t look beyond Facebook. Why would we when the popular social networking site has all our needs covered? Unfortunately, the service is a common victim of online restrictions, imposed by the Internet Service Providers (ISPs), network administrators, governments, parents and employers. If you refuse to bow to the unfair restriction on Facebook and are searching for a way to regain access to the service on your Android, you’ve definitely come to the right place. We are going to teach you not one but two ways in which you will learn how to open blocked Facebook on your device irrespective of online restrictions and digital filters that seek to impair your freedom.
Unblocking Facebook Via Proxy Sites
If you are looking for an extremely convenient and unrestricted passage to Facebook, then proxy sites are just the thing for you. Catering to the digital freedom needs of PC users since many years now, the solution works just as effectively on the Android platform. The best thing about proxy sites is that they don’t require any configuration but are instead ready to service. In case you’re still confused about how to use proxy sites to access Facebook, here’s a quick guide to walk you through the process.
- Open the web browser on your device and navigate to a proxy site. If you don’t know the address of any such site, use Google search engine to find one. Exercise extreme caution while making a selection, as a lot of sites touting unrestricted access to Facebook are actually set up by hackers to lure and ensnare unsuspecting users. Look for something like Proxify or Ninja Cloak.
- Look for the URL field on the proxy site that you have eventually selected after thorough scrutiny and enter the address of Facebook in it.
- Tap Surf/Go/Unblock to navigate to the Facebook site.
- Have fun socializing.
Unblocking Facebook Via VPN
Virtual Private Network (VPN) is undoubtedly one of the best solutions to bypassing the barriers barring your access to Facebook. The growing popularity of such apps is a testimony to its effectiveness. It encrypts your data and masks/changes your IP so that you can conveniently surf the web without any hassle or insecurity. One gripe that some users may have with VPNs is that they tend to be a bit complicated at times. If you have got confidence in your ability to grasp technology, then this option is definitely for you. Here’s a quick guide on using a VPN service to get to Facebook despite it being blocked on your device or network, or even in your country.
- Download a VPN app for your Android smartphone. You’ll find plenty of options in the category. Go through their details to find the one that best meets your requirements. DroidVPN, SuperVPN, Hotspot Shield, Unlimited Free VPN and TunnelBear are the hot favorites among users currently.
- Run the VPN app and make your way through the short tour, registration and configuration process.
- When you find yourself on the main dashboard, mostly a screen with a connect button on it, tap the button to switch on the service.
- Open any web browser and try accessing Facebook. You’ll find yourself through. Don’t worry about the VPN app running in the background. It’s there to keep your connection to the web secure, private and free of boundaries.
Difference Between Proxy Sites And VPN
While there are plenty of differences between the two, the one major difference that is likely to have a strong influence on which option you pick is convenience. To avail VPN service, you are required to download an app, configure it on first use, and connect to the VPN server every time you want to access Facebook. When done, you need to disconnect from the VPN server until the need to access the social networking site rises again. As for proxy sites, there is no such pre-requisites or post-configuration hassles. You neither need to install anything on your device, nor configure anything. Furthermore, you don’t need to cycle through the process of connecting and disconnecting from a VPN server every time you wish to tunnel through the barrier around Facebook. Proxy sites are always connected and ready for use.
You may come across additional ways to how to access blocked Facebook on Android, but they mostly require you to root your device and give superuser access to the browser or app. It’s best you leave such technical solutions for the tech-savvy.