If you need to visit a website and it’s blocked in your region, then its best to use a proxy. Most of the proxy software makes the device slow or display too many ads, which can become pretty irritating. ZenMate, however, does things differently. What’s special about this proxy is that it is very easy to install and doesn’t pester you with ads. Here’s a step-by-step guide to download and use ZenMate proxy on Google Chrome.
- If you are already using Google Chrome then it is great. Otherwise, download it from http://google.com/chrome.
- Once you have downloaded Chrome, open the browser and go to http://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zenmate-for-google-chrome/fdcgdnkidjaadafnichfpabhfomcebme?hl=en. This link will allow you to add the ZenMate plug-in to your Chrome directly. Click on the “Add to Chrome” button. You will receive a warning that this proxy will get access to your browsing information, etc. Click on “Add” to continue.
- Click on the “Activate ZenMate” button to start the installation process.
- You can get 7 days of free ZenMate to check out its full features. Click on the “Get 7 Days of Premium Free” button to activate the free trial.
- Enter your email address and password. An email will be sent to the given email address for verification purposes. Open the mail and verify the account by clicking on the given link. Do not enter your personal email address as you won’t need this email address and password once the proxy is installed.
- ZenMate proxy will now be successfully installed. You will see a green ZenMate icon on the top-right corner of Chrome interface.
- Click on the icon to enable the plugin and change the location to a region of your choice. You are now ready to open blocked websites. You can disable the proxy using the on/off switch.
Note: ZenMate is available for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and iOS and Android. However, this guide is only for installing ZenMate on Google Chrome.