Call from an unknown number in the middle of the night or during an important meeting can really ruin your mood. Many of these calls are from telemarketing people, an old flame who is simply refusing to let go, or a prankster who’s got nothing better to do in life than make others’ life miserable. Well, the best way to avoid all this is to block unwanted calls. Learn how to do that without on your Android phone in this guide.
- Open Contacts by pressing the relevant icon on the home screen.
- Press the contact or number that you want to add to block by pressing it.
- Once the contact or number is displayed, open the Menu key present at the bottom-left of the home screen. Different options will be given. Select the option which says “Add to reject list”.
- A blue-colored icon will be added next to the mobile number of contact. This icon indicates that calls from that particular contact are blocked. You can unblock the contact by opening Contact and pressing the menu key. Simply click the option “Remove from reject list” to remove it from the block list.
- Go to the Phone app by pressing the relevant icon on the home screen.
- Press Menu key and then open Call settings.
- Press the first option, i.e. Call rejection.
- Press Auto reject list.
- If you want to block calls from unknown numbers or all those numbers which are not present in your contact list, then click on unknown, and if you want to block any existing contact number, then press the plus sign to add that number. Blocking calls from unknown numbers is not suggested, as you may miss an important call from any person who knows you, but is not in your contact list.
Note: The procedure and screens may vary, depending on the Android device and version that you’re using.