WhatsApp is hands down the most popular instant messaging app for mobile devices, especially Android phones. Since pretty much everyone is on it, chances are you’ll start receiving messages from people you either don’t know, or are not interested in getting in touch with. You can stop such people from annoying you by simply adding them to the block list. This guide will teach you how to block a WhatsApp contact on your Android phone, or even unblock a blocked user after you’ve had a change of heart.
- Launch WhatsApp from the app drawer or home screen, if that is where you’ve placed it.
- Bring up the app menu by pressing the button at bottom left corner of Android, and then press Settings.
- Now press Account.
- Access privacy controls by pressing Privacy.
- Look for the option named Blocked contact. Press it.
- Tap on the icon at top-right corner of the app interface to add the contact you want to block.
- You will be taken to the WhatsApp contacts list. Press the contact you want to add to block list.
- The contact will be added to blocked list immediately after you click it.
- You may go back to see if the contact is added in blocked contacts list. It shows the number of contacts being blocked.
- If you want to unblock any contact, then go to blocked contacts list and press the contact. A pop-up window with the option to unblock the contact will appear. Press on the option to unblock the contact.
Note: The screens may vary depending on your Android device and version, and the version of WhatsApp you’re using.