It seems that everyone was waiting for the release date of Windows 10, as millions of people have already downloaded the latest Windows. There are a lot of features in Windows 10 that makes it a must-have operating system, not only for home use, but also for professional use. Luckily, there are several options when it comes to installing Windows 10. You can either upgrade your OS, or you can create a bootable USB drive for easier installation. The second method is useful especially if you have to install the latest version of Windows on more than one device. So without further ado, here’s a guide to create a bootable USB drive for Windows 10.
- You must have Windows 10 media creation tool for starting the process. Download this tool for 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit(x64) version of Windows using the given links. If you do not know whether your computer is running on 32-bit version of Windows or 64-bit, then confirm it first. Go to Start>Control Panel>System and Security>System>System Type, or follow this easy guide for checking your system type.
- If you have successfully completed the installation of media creation tool, then it means you have done half the job, as now you just need to select the relevant options. Now launch the media application tool. You will be asked “What do you want to do”. Check the box next to “Create installation media for another PC” and press “Next”.
- The next screen will ask you about the language, edition and architecture. There will be a drop-down menu in front of each option. Select the relevant category. Select the language you want in Windows 10. You already selected the architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) in step 1. As far as the edition is concerned, you have to select it according to the current edition of your Windows operating system. If you are using Home or Basic editions of Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, then select “Windows 10 Home” in edition. If you are currently on Professional edition, e.g. Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8 Pro etc., then go for Windows 10 Pro. Windows users having single language edition or Chinese language edition should select Windows 10 Single Language and Windows 10 Home China respectively under edition section.
- You will be asked to choose the media you want to use. As you are creating a bootable USB flash drive for Windows 10, select “USB flash drive”. You can also create a bootable USB DVD by checking the box next to “ISO file”, but you must have an ISO file of Windows 10 version in this case, which can be downloaded from Microsoft page. Press “Next” after selecting the relevant option.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the process. Congratulations! Your bootable Windows 10 USB drive is ready to use. Install Windows 10 and enjoy the new features like Edge browser, Cortana and much more.
Note: Make sure that the USB you are going to use for this purpose should have 4GB free space as this process requires at least 3GB space. Also, it is strongly advised that you move all the data from USB to any safe place, as your device will remove all the data before starting the installation process.