Microsoft has integrated SmartScreen Filter in Windows 10, and although it comes with a promise of security, not a lot of people are a fan of it. The biggest complaint of users is that it blocks almost every single application from opening and interferes with their work all the time. Due to these reasons, they want to get rid of it. Knowing that, we have created this guide to help users disable SmartScreen Filter in the latest iteration of Windows. Just follow the given steps and you will halt SmartScreen Filter functionality without a hitch.
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on System and Security.
- Go to Security and Maintenance.
- Now look at the left drop-down menu and you will notice an option Change Windows SmartScreen Settings. Click on it.
- A new window will appear, showcasing multiple options. Select the last option that reads Don’t do anything (turn off Windows SmartScreen).
- After selecting this option, click OK and you’re done. SmartScreen Filter will not bother you again.
Note: Disabling SmartScreen filter is not advised.