McAfee Mobile Security is just the security solution you need to make your Android device safe from the plethora of digital as well as physical threats. However, setting up the app requires a bit of a technical know-how. For those looking to avoid confusion and frustration, we’ve prepared a small guide to help you navigate through the whole process of installing and setting up McAfee Mobile Security on your Android phone or tablet.
1. Make your way to McAfee Mobile Security’s download page on Google Play Store and tap on the prominent green “INSTALL” button.
2. Sit patiently while the app downloads, and then automatically installs on your device.
3. Now that the app is downloaded, select open from the Play Store’s page or use the shortcut created on the main menu.
4. You will be greeted with the logo and the app will stay here for a while.
5. You will then be shown the terms and agreements page, where you will have to tap on “Accept” in order to continue.
6. After accepting the agreement, McAfee Mobile Security will configure your device.
7. Once the configuration is over, you will be asked whether you want the security features turned on or off. Select ‘Turn On’ just to be on the safer side.
8. It will then do an auto-scan of your device, and will you the results.
9. You can then run as many manual scans as you want as you are free to use McAfee Mobile Security as you see fit.
Note: The screens shown above may slightly differ from what you see on your Android device, depending on the version of the operating software of McAfee Mobile Security you’re using.