Android’s security woes are no secret. The platform finds itself right on top in the target list for malware, with the threat growing bigger and more menacing with every passing day. Fortunately, avast! Mobile Security & Antivirus is there to save the day with its robust protection features and impressive efficiency. If you don’t have the app installed and running on your Android device already because you find the complexity of technology irksome, you’ve come to the right place. Our setup guide for the most popular antivirus app for Android will help you navigate your way through the installation process and app like a pro in no time. So without wasting any more time, let’s get started!
1. Go to the Google Play Store and search for Avast Antivirus. Once you get to its official page, tap the install button.
2. Wait for the download to be completed.
3. Once the app has been successfully downloaded, click on the Open button on the app’s page or use the shortcut icon on the main menu.
4. Upon opening the app, you will be greeted with terms and agreement. Simply tap on “Get Started” to accept the terms and keep things going.
5. Avast will now ask you if you want to keep Basic Security (free version) or Upgrade My App (paid version). Tap on Keep Basic Security to continue with the free version.
6. You will now be taken to the main menu where a ton of options would be available. Tap on the huge Orange scan button in the middle to start looking for threats in your device.
7. It will now ask you to allow access to SD card. If you want thorough examination, then it’s better if you allow it to happen.
8. Avast Antivirus will now look for vulnerabilities in your device.
9. After the scan is complete, it will show you the risks that have been found and the ways to correct them.
Note: Please note that some of the features, including back-up option, of avast! Mobile Security & Antivirus will only become available after you upgrade to the premium version.