Kaspersky Internet Security for Android definitely lives up to the reputation the brand has earned itself in the security space over the years. While the app is pretty user-friendly, the initial setup can seem a little complicated, especially to those who are not too tech-savvy. The following guide “Step by step installation of Kaspersky Internet Security” covers all the basics of installing and enjoying the benefits of the app on an Android device.
- Start by heading over to Kaspersky Internet Security’s download page on Google Play Store and tapping the green “INSTALL” button.
- A pop up will appear on the screen, listing permissions that the app requires to function. Tap “ACCEPT” to proceed.
- Sit back and relax while the app automatically downloads and installs on your device.
- Upon running Kaspersky Internet Security for the first time, you’ll be greeted by a welcome screen, followed by a quick tour. Keep pressing the appropriate buttons to proceed.
- Once you reach the Kaspersky Account screen, you’d need to tap on the “Create a Kaspersky Account” if you are using the solution for the first time, which you most likely are. Provide your email and password on the next screen and tap the appropriate button to complete the account creation process.
- When you get to the main dashboard for the first time, you will notice that the shield is red, indicating issues. When some of the issues get resolved, the shield will turn yellow. When all the issues are resolved, the shield will turn green.
- To run a virus scan, tap the “Scan” button on the main dashboard.
- A pop up will appear on the screen with the scan options, allowing you to specify which type of scan to perform. Make your selection to start the scan.
- Slide your finger upwards on the main dashboard to bring up the whole menu. Locate and tap the “Anti-Theft” button. On the next screen, tap “Continue setup”. Tap “Activate” on the next screen that shows up. You will be asked to create a secret code to access Anti-Theft and Privacy Protection settings. Tap “Save” to complete the process.
- Access the settings menu by sliding your finger up on the main dashboard and then tapping the “Settings” icon. From the settings menu, you can change properties of the virus scanner tool, Anti-Theft tool, and Call & Text Filter. You can further customize the app behavior by tapping “Additional Settings”.
Note:The above screens in “How to install Kaspersky Internet Security on android” may differ from what you see on your device, depending on the Android and Kaspersky Internet Security’s version.