Norton Mobile Security is a nifty app that offers a range of solutions to keep your device secure. Most people would love to get their devices secured with the app, but there are a few who get just a tad bit lost when they try to install it. If you aren’t sure of how to go about getting it done, follow our step-by-step guide “How to configure Norton Antivirus”.
- Find the app on the PlayStore and press the install button
- Review the permissions required by the app and make sure you’re okay with giving it access to all that it’s required.
- Wait for the download to complete after you’ve reviewed the permissions.
- Open the app after it’s done installing. In case you want to check the app out later you can also access it from the home screen where a shortcut will have been placed after the installation.
- Review the terms and conditions and hit the launch button.
- Let the app introduce a feature to you. It will tell you about the App Advisor right after you launch it, don’t get confused, this isn’t the main app. Click next to proceed.
- It will then tell you about the premium features that you can test out for 30 days for free. Click next to proceed.
- And finally you will find yourself on the main menu. You can check out the main menu or swipe left to see a summary of each feature.
- If you’re interested then sign up for the free premium trial, it is for free after all.
- Provide your email address, name and location to sign up for a new account. Simply sign in with your details if you already have an account.
- Your free trial is fully functional. If you find the app to be an interesting fit for your device then you could even sign up for a premium account, which does offer a lot of useful features.
- Swipe left or tap on ‘Anti-Malware’ to check out the feature. You will come to the feature page which will tell you whether your phone has malware or not.
- You can either open the App advisor by tapping on the option in the main menu, or you can swipe left from ‘Anti-Malware’. You can even tap on the option from the previous page itself. You should find the screen useful in case there are problem apps that require your feedback or input.
- Swipe left again to come to the ‘Anti-Theft’ feature. You can also access this by tapping the same on the main menu. All the web commands are accessible through your online portal at https://mobilesecurity.norton.com.
- Swipe left from the previous screen to come to ‘Backup’. Or tap on the option from the main menu. Here you can check information on your contacts, and pick whether you want to schedule a backup routine. You can even restore contacts if needed.
- To access the “Call Blocking” feature either tap on the option in the main menu, or swipe left from the previous screen. You can add numbers into the block list and not just block their calls, but texts as well.
- Swipe left for the next feature i.e., ‘Wed Protection’ or tap on the option from the main menu to see what the app has to offer.
Note: The screens used here in “how to install norton antivirus on android phone” may differ depending on the device and Android version you are using.