The feeling that someone is always aware of your location is indeed very unnerving. Most of you probably do not know that Google traces you’re the location of your Android phone every second of every minute. Of course, Google doesn’t do this with any malicious intent, but it’s still a blatant invasion of privacy. If you do not want to reveal your location to the tech giant, then you have to manually deactivate the Google location feature. Do not worry, it’s simple and easy. Just follow these steps.
- Press the menu key of your device while on the home screen to bring up the various menu options. Select Settings by tapping on it.
- Press the More tab and then tap the first feature that is listed.
- Search Location History to gain access to location settings.
- You’ll see that “Access my Location” is turned on. Tap the box to uncheck it. It will immediately stop Google from tracing your location.
- You can reactivate this feature any time just by checking the box.
Note: The screens may vary, depending on the Android device and version in your use.