YouTube is one of the best things that happened on the internet. Serving as a gateway to world where entertainment never runs out, the free video-sharing website always has something for everyone. Of course, you may already be aware of this fact, which is why you’re so keen on learning how to access blocked YouTube on your Android when the website is banned by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), government, or network administrator. Internet censorship is indeed very frustrating, but unfortunately the trend seems to be growing fast. You need not worry about it though because we are going to help you ensure that nothing comes between you and your daily dose of entertainment irrespective of the digital barriers.
Opening YouTube Using VPN
Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a service that offers you a safe, secure and uninhibited access to the internet, including our favorite video sharing website. While you don’t need to be tech savvy to avail this option, we’ll still quickly guide you through the process of using a VPN app to unblock your access to YouTube.
- Download the best VPN app from Google Play Store on your Android device. Hotspot Shield, DroidVPN, TunnelBear, SuperVPN and Unlimited Free VPN are some of the top options in the category.
- Run the app, navigate through the registration or configuration process, and get to the app’s main dashboard.
- Use the change location option to change your virtual location to another country.
- Connect to the VPN server.
- Open whatever browser you’re using on your device and access YouTube without any problem.
Opening YouTube Using Proxy Websites
Proxy sites have long served the cyber freedom needs of PC users. Fortunately, the same service is available for Android users as well. It is particularly ideal for the uninitiated i.e., users who aren’t too technically versed. Here’s a quick guide to help you through the digital barrier around YouTube.
- Launch whatever web browser you use on your Android device and enter the URL of a safe and reliable proxy website. If you don’t know any such website, use Google search engine to find one. You’ll be basically searching for something like “filterbypass.me”.
- Locate the web address field on the proxy website and enter youtube.com in there. Tap Go/Surf/Enter/Unblock (varies from website to website).
- Have fun watching your free videos.
Although both VPN apps and proxy websites effectively serve their purpose of unblocking YouTube on Android, you need to be aware of one major difference between them. The VPN option requires you to run the app and connect to the VPN server every single time you want to access the video sharing website. Once you’re done, you need to switch the VPN service off. Proxy websites, however, requires no such thing. There is no hassle of downloading an app, navigating through complex configuration, or manually connecting to the server every time you wish to use YouTube. This certainly makes it a more convenient option for those who are ready to make a compromise on additional features provided by most VPN apps.
Note: Vigilance is essential when selecting a VPN app or proxy website, as hackers and malicious coders are known to lure users through promises of online freedom.