[Tutorial] How to Play Age Of Empires II The Conquerors Multiplayer Online
My Experience With Age of Empires
Age of empires was one of the First and few games that I play even now. Maybe my likeness to this game was due to the fact that I liked to play Strategy games and also games that are related to ancient days. And during those days Age of Empires I and Age of empires II were very much popular that you could get it from any game enthusiast. This is one of the games that you will use too much Cheat codes in order to get all the resources for creating necessary buildings and doing upgrades. But the fun dissipates after some time when you have completed all the campaigns and you use too much cheats to play each game. When I played age of empires multiplayer via lan I realized this game is more fun. Creating your own kingdom and battling against your friends with the army you created is really a different experience.
Since there maybe many who don’t know how to play Age of Empires II multiplayer via LAN or Internet and i am dedicating this article for them. Here are the step by step guide to proceed :-
Turn Off Your Windows Firewall
This is one of the major drawback with Age of Empires, you can not host the game when you have turned your Windows firewall ON. This is due to the fact that Age of empires is basically Windows XP game and the ports used for hosting the game is blocked in windows 7. There are network vulnerabilities with Turning Firewall OFF but since you want to play the game this is one of the sacrifice you must make.
Choosing the Network For Playing Multiplayer
This is one of the important thing that you must choose before you play the game. There are mainly two ways you can play multiplayer games ,First, is through a LAN network and the second, is via Internet. The later is used when the person you want to play multiplayer is situated very far from you , most of the time using internet as a multiplayer network is avoided since if the internet speed is not good the game may get stuck. I would prefer you to play multiplayer through LAN.
Starting the Age Of Empires II Game in Multiplayer[tutorial]
1) Open your “Age Of Empire-II The Conquerors” folder where the game is installed.
2) Now open the game file named “age2_x1.exe” and once the main menu is loaded press the “windows key” from your keyboard.
3) Now take Windows Task Manager by pressing “Alt+Ctrl+Delete” keys and in processes Tab end the process of Explorer.exe . This is done in order to terminate the graphics bug while playing Age of Empires in windows 7.
4) Now in Task manager take the Application Tab and double Click on “Age Of Empires II Expansion” or Right Click and Click on “Switch to” to resume the game .
5) While the game is opened click on the “Multiplayer” Button and now press on “Create” to host the game .
6) Choose the Required settings for the game you want to start and once you are done with game settings Tick “I’m ready” and wait for the players to join via LAN.
If you are connecting your game through Internet then there is an option IP to the right of “I’m ready!” in the game settings menu , when you click on it you can see your IP address that you can share with your friend via chat or message so that he can connect with you through internet gateway.
Joining Age of Empires II game that your Friend created
1) Follow step 1 to step 4 from the previous instruction “starting the Age of empires II game in multiplayer”.
For playing via Internet
5) Click on Multiplayer from game main menu and then double click on internet TC/IP connection for direct Play.
6) Now Enter the IP address of you friend who is hosting the server and click on OK.
For Playing via LAN
5) Click on Multiplayer from game menu and then click on Local (LAN) TC/IP Connection
6) Now in the box below it Choose the game you want to connect through LAN and double Click on it.
7) Now in the page opened ,select your required civilization as well as Team you want to join and Tick “I’m ready” and wait for the game to start.