If you are using a Samsung smartphone, then you may want to activate its Find My Mobile feature in order to protect yourself against theft and consequent leakage of sensitive data. This feature allows the user to back up device data, track the location of device, send a ring bell on it when it is missing, lock its screen, wipe its content, and much more. Here is a simple guide to activate the Find My Mobile feature on a Samsung Android phone.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on the More tab and then press the Security option.
- Click on Remote controls located in the Find My Mobile section.
- Remote controls option will most likely be disabled. You have to create a Samsung account to enable it. Tap on Add account.
- If you already have a Samsung account, then just log in. Otherwise tap Create account.
- Sign in to enable the feature.
- Accept the terms and tap OK.
- Go through the terms and conditions and then press Agree.
- Enable Remote controls by tapping the switch present right in front of it so that it turns green. Also check the box next to the Use wireless networks option in the Location consent section. It will enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of this feature, enabling it to track device location faster.
Note: This is just the process for preparing your phone for the Find My Mobile feature. Simply following this process will not enable the phone tracking feature.