The digital world has revolutionized and so as our lives. We go about doing our work carrying hand-held devices. Since our lives are super busy and fast, there can be sometimes when we come across an interesting article on the web but we cannot dig into it as we’re constantly on the run.
To cater to those busy periods of time, you must develop a habit of using an incredibly useful option on your smartphone – be it Android or iPhone – allowing you to save the article or the web page so you can come back to it later. Doesn’t that sound quite useful? No matter how busy you are, if you stumble upon something intriguing on the web page, you can always save it to your smartphone and check it out later whenever you’re free.
This saving of web page option is available on both the default web browsers Chrome (for Android) and Safari (for iPhone). Let’s learn how we can go about and save web pages on our smartphones.
Saving a Web Page on Your Smartphone
The following step by step guide will give an easy way to save a web page on your smartphone:
Android Phone Using Chrome Browser
- The first step involves opening the Chrome browser app on your Android phone.
- After that, you will open the web page that you’d like to save it for checking out later.
- On the web page itself, you will come across a three-dot icon on the top right corner of the page. Just tap it.
- A drop-down menu will appear and from here you will tap the second option, the one looking like a down arrow.
- By tapping the second option, your web page will be saved on your phone.
- If you want to locate all the web pages that you have saved in your browser then you can do that by tapping the three-dot icon once again.
- Look for “Downloads” option and then tap it.
- By clicking the Downloads, you will come across the web pages that have been saved. They’re separated according to the dates they were saved on your smartphone.
iPhone Using Safari Browser
- First things first, open the Safari browser app on your iPhone.
- Secondly, open the web page you’d like your Safari browser to save on your iPhone.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will stumble upon the action button, which is, in fact, a square button with the arrow.
- By clicking the action button, you will come across “Add to reading list” which is actually the third option. Tap that option.
- Once you tap the bookmarks, a button that appears to be like an open book, you will find a list of all the web pages that you have included in your reading list.
- The option in the middle that looks like a pair of reading glasses basically stores all the web pages you have added to your reading list.